Fight for the Internet 1!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Draconian DRM in Windows 7

Nothing new here. Slashdot already reported it but it bears repeating.

So, surprisingly, I was getting my hopes up for Windows 7. From all that I had witnessed from my friends beta-installation, Windows 7 seemed to be pretty good. Sure, it was a straight rip off from KDE 60% of the time, and the other part it was a ripoff of Mac (which itself is a ripoff of KDE). Nonetheless, Windows 7 seemed to be better than Vista.... which is honestly not difficult to do.

But now, comes the new and even worse DRM measures being discovered in Windows 7. Thank you Microsoft, for making me realize just what freedom in the digital world is, and thank you further for making me once again happy to be using Linux.

Best quote from the original article:
"...but locking your own files away from you is a tactic so outrageous it may kill the OS for many persons"

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/02/16/2259257&from=rss

No comments:

Post a Comment